Santorini rent a car conditions for drivers
Our Santorini car rental conditions are a result of Goverment regulations, and insurance companies policies. We follow these rules in order to comply with the regulations and protect our clients from any unpleasant surprises.
- Drivers licence. A valid drivers licence ( not expired ) is necessary . Photocopies, or images on tablets or phones, or email files are not accepted by local authorities. The driver should have his / her actual driving license in order to pick up the vehicle.
- Drivers age. Driver must be between 23 and 70 years old. Drivers that are not yet 23, or older than 70, can still rent a car from us as long as they inform us in advance. In that case there is a small extra charge from the insurance company. Drivers in that case, should contact our reservations, and give their drivers license details ( type, country and date of issue ) We then forward the request to our insurance company. The insurance company will then reply, if the request is accepted, and how much is the extra fee.
- Clients should have their drivers licence for at least 1 year. That is for the first driving license. This is not an issue for renewals.
- International drivers licence is not required for most countries. It is required though for some countries. ( for example China , S.Korea, Japan, India, U.S.A., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and more ) Please contact for more details. An International driving permit is not required for European citizens
- A Credit card OR any Debit card is required for guarantee purposes in all car rental companies. <<<It is still possible to rent from us though even if you are not a credit card holder. >>>Please contact for details. If a credit card is not available, any debit card, is accepted.
- Passport or identity card. In order to pick up your car you will also need your passport or identification card (I.D.)
Please note that our company reserves the right to decline a rental, even for confirmed bookings if a driver fails to provide the required documents. In that case we shall not be able to issue a refund of any amount already paid as a deposit. Please note that this is a common policy for most car rental companies in Santorini.