What Car Should You Rent on Santorini Island
Can’t wait for the holidays to start! Whatever season it is, Santorini is always the top destination for most people. Since you have arranged everything from Santorini hotels and tickets to what you can take with you, now, you have to decide what kind of car to rent in Santorini. You must not let anything ruin your peaceful vacations. You will rent a car from there… and everything will be perfect.
Santorini Vacation Rental Car Guide
You’ve thought about it all before. When you get to the island you will go to Santorini rent-a-car and ask for a small and economical car, or book it in advance! Get in and go with your friends to every dreamy beach you saw on the Internet. Only when you get there does the island of Santorini surprise you that much. What you didn’t think about, because you just didn’t know it, is that in order to rent a car you have to be 21 years old.
Even though the above does not affect you because you have reached this age there are many other things to know about renting a car in order to prevent unpleasant surprises that can ruin the magic and tranquillity of the holidays.
Here are 6 things to know about car hire:
- Rental time is calculated from pick up time to car return time. If you try to rent a car online you will find that most people want to specify not only the day but also the time to rent it.
- Airport pickup is more expensive. It may be worth moving to another way to the nearest pick-up point.
- You receive the car in the presence of an employee who usually informs you about the way the car is operated, insurance coverage, the contract you have signed and the petrol tank. At the
- end of the rental, you in turn hand it over to an employee who carries out the necessary checks for damage, gasoline, etc.
- The basic rule of car hire is that you deliver the car with gasoline at the original level. If you received it full, you should return it and full. If you think about it, it serves both sides.
- It is forbidden to keep your personal documents (ID, passport, etc.) while renting.
- The vehicle must be returned at pre-agreed time. Alternatively, you should be ready to cover the difference.
In any case, since your and your passengers’ safety is above all else, you should check all the parameters to ensure the safety of the vehicle (latest service, engine oils, tires, brakes, etc.) before taking the car.
So now that you have learned the basics of renting a car, you can erase one more thing from your to-do holiday list and head out for the most enjoyable and carefree vacation!